Saturday, February 28, 2009

Jenna Waye? No Jenna WAYE!!!









My baby girl turned 16 last week! It's so hard to believe! It seems like she was just that little girl who used to say her name was Jenna Waye. We would ask"Jenna Waye?" and she would say "No! Jenna WAYE"!! It's actually Jenna Raye but she thought she was saying it right! She got her license a week ago and she's doing great. It was so sad that first day to see her drive off. It really is the beginning of when they don't need you anymore. Oh, I know, children always need their mother. And I am not putting myself out of a job just yet! But definitely after a child gets her license, she has more freedom and more ability to care for herself than ever before. Jenna no longer counts on me to be her chauffeur, and that is sad, because that's one of the titles I have held for, well, for all of her life. So a little bit about Jenna. She is a cutie as you can see from the pictures. She has beautiful red hair, but she doesn't really have the complexion of a red haired person. She has a beautiful smile and when she laughs, tears run down her face because she really means it. But she's not all beauty and no brains. She is also very smart. Jenna always said she's not a reader. And yet, she has one of the highest grades in Accelerated Reading in all of PCHS. She also said she's not very smart. And yet, Jenna is number 8 out of 124 students in her grade. Jenna was also nominated to be on the WYSE team (Worldwide Youth in Science and Engineering). Last week, Jenna was told by her math teacher that she recommends she takes College Level Math next year, one of only 3 in her class that received that recommendation. Pretty good huh? I though I would take this opportunity to brag Jenna up a little. Hope you don't mind. Her 16th birthday only comes once in her life and it's a little hard on this momma. Mike and I are extremely proud of her and we love her so much. Kayla and Landon do too!

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Awww! I enjoyed reading this. You have no idea how close I came to putting "Happy Birthday, Jenna Waye" on her facebook page. :) I won't ever forget hearing her argue about how to say her name. I can't believe she's already 16!!